1. Eat Healthy
Good health starts with good nutrition. Here you'll find tips and recipes to help you and your family make healthy food choices.
2. Get Active
Being active is an important part of staying healthy, regardless of your age. It may also lower your risk for certain types of cancer. In this section we offer suggestions to help you get and stay active.
3. Stay Away from Tobacco
Quitting tobacco is not easy, but it can be done. Whether you're a smoker, someone who uses smokeless tobacco, or someone trying to help a friend or loved one, you'll find the information you need in this section.
4. Take Control of Your Weight
For most people, getting to a healthy weight and staying there can be a struggle. In this section you can find tips on making smart choices that can help you stay at a weight that's healthy for you.
5. Avoid Alcohol
Most people know that heavy drinking can cause health problems. But many people might not know that drinking alcohol also can raise their risk of getting cancer.
A good place to start is to:
Have a good variety of healthy foods from the five food groups each day.
Aim for two serves of fruit and five serves of vegetables each day.
Only occasionally eat sugary, fatty or salty food, and then only in small amounts.
Drink fresh, clean tap water instead of sugary drinks.
Switch over to healthy recipes that look and taste good.
Plan your meals ahead and shop for healthy ingredients.
Enjoy cooking and eating healthy food with family or friends and without distractions such as the television.
Swap (opens in a new window) those poor eating habits over for better ones.
1. Identify what’s important to you, put first things first, and focus on those things. Avoid distractions!
2. Simplicity changes with the seasons of your life. Your focus now may not be your focus in a few years. stay intentional and re-evaluate so you don’t get stuck doing things that no longer matter.
3. Busy is not hurried. You can be busy but make sure you’re not busy with tasks that do not serve you or those you love. One key benefit of simplicity is that you have time to pay attention to those you love and love them well.
4. Generally speaking, we complicate our lives, but that’s not God’s design. Adversity is real and tragedy strikes but many of our problems are collateral damage from a complicated life.
5. Living a distracted life leads to complexity, confusion, and discontent. Stay focused!
6. Less is more in almost all areas of life. Make sure this truth applies to your spending habits, calendar, commitments, and expectations of yourself. Sometimes good intentions can rob us of simplicity and happiness.
7. Money is not evil but the pursuit of it can complicate our lives or distract us from pursuing a full and simple life. If you are constantly in a state of striving and unrest, find out how valuable rest can be for creating a life of simplicity, happiness, and peace.
8. Simplicity helps us maintain our focus so we can be fully present in each moment of life.
9. Don’t let anything own you. Being indebted to someone or something means you don’t have control of your life.
10. Simplicity is different for everyone. This is your journey. Do not compare or align your life with anyone else. It’s important that you define what simplicity means to you and then find your simple.
Confidence is not something that can be learned like a set of rules; confidence is a state of mind. Positive thinking, practice, training, knowledge and talking to other people are all useful ways to help improve or boost your confidence levels. Confidence comes from feelings of well-being, acceptance of your body and mind (your self-esteem) and belief in your own ability, skills and experience. Confidence is an attribute that most people would like to possess.
Although self-confidence can mean different things to different people, in reality it simply means having faith in yourself. Confidence is, in part, a result of how we have been brought up and how we've been taught. We learn from others how to think about ourselves and how to behave - these lessons affect what we believe about ourselves and other people. Confidence is also a result of our experiences and how we've learned to react to different situations. Self-confidence is not a static measure. Our confidence to perform roles and tasks and deal with situations can increase and decrease, and some days we may feel more confident than others.
can be a result of many factors including: fear of the unknown, criticism, being unhappy with personal appearance (self-esteem), feeling unprepared, poor time-management, lack of knowledge and previous failures. Often when we lack confidence in ourselves it is because of what we believe others will think of us. Perhaps others will laugh at us or complain or make fun if we make a mistake. Thinking like this can prevent us from doing things we want or need to do because we believe that the consequences are too painful or embarrassing.
can be a problem if it makes you believe that you can do anything - even if you don't have the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to do it well. In such situations over-confidence can lead to failure. Being overly confident also means you are more likely to come across to other people as arrogant or egotistical. People are much more likely to take pleasure in your failure if you are perceived as arrogant.
If you have coeliac disease you will have to avoid gluten for life. A gluten free diet is the only treatment for the condition. Gluten is found in the grains wheat, barley and rye. On the gluten free diet you can eat many foods including meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, rice and potatoes. You can also eat gluten free substitute foods and processed foods that don't contain gluten. You can tell whether gluten is in a food by learning about allergen labelling - it sounds scary, but you get used to it once you know how.
The great keys to success to change your life have always been the same.
This formula is your key to success and has worked for almost everyone who has ever tried it. It will require the very most you can give and the best qualities you can develop. In developing and following these keys to personal success, you will evolve and grow to become an extraordinary person.
One of the best ways to make your friends happier is to be happier yourself. That is, you tend to be happier when you are around people who are happier. Similarly, your happiness will rub off on your friends.
Relationships, no matter the form, are a key to happiness. Make sure to encourage one another, as well as offer gratitude for the relationship, all of which will increase her happiness. For instance, you could let her know that you value her friendship by telling her regularly, such as saying "I just want you to know how glad I am you're in my life," or by sending her a card every now and then.
"Laughter is the best medicine" is a saying for a reason. Laughing can make you happier and healthier as a person, so try to get your friends to laugh by cracking jokes or even poking (light) fun at yourself.
Everyone needs to hear they are are smart, strong, and beautiful sometimes. Don't be afraid to tell your friend these things, as they can help her build confidence and self-esteem. Try to make your compliments unique to the person, so she knows you truly mean what you say. For instance, saying "I really like how you take the time to listen to everyone you meet. It shows how much you care about people." is a more specific compliment then, "You're a good listener."
If your friend is grouching about a situation at work, for instance, help her see the positive side of things. That doesn't mean you should downplay her feelings. In fact, definitely hear out her problem before reacting. But try to help her asking probing questions such as, "What things can you do to make the situation better?" or "What's been happening at work lately that's been good?"
True happiness is in part about the adventure. It may mean you may need to step outside of what's comfortable and try something new, and in turn, discover new things you love. If you want your friends to be happy, encourage them to try new things with you.